Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happy Birthday to......ME!


Yea!! It's my birthday. I'm 29.....again this year. And believe me, those 29s are starting to add up. There is nothing exciting to share about my day today, (Scott forgot it) but here are some random things:

  • I was born at exactly midnight, so my mom got to choose if my birthday was the 3rd or the 4th.
  • I am the oldest of 6 kids. I have one brother who was born one week before my 1st birthday. We are the same age for one week!

My second birthday party:


  • I hated piano lessons when I was little, but they sure payed off in the long run.
  • I grew up next door to my grandparents and spent most of my free time with them. They've been gone for a very long time now and I still miss them like it were yesterday.
  • I grew up on a farm. My brother and I had to get up early every morning and feed the baby calves. We also had to haul rocks out of the field, roll hay bails and haul hay. My dad has always had horses, but I am sooo allergic to them.
  • I worked at a theater called "StageStop" for a few years when Kyrie was little. I was their house manager. I loved that job, even though it didn't pay very much. And, I got to be in a few of their plays: Christmas Carol, Sound of Music and Joseph and the Amazing Dream Coat.
  • I love musicals. For my birthday present, I am getting tickets to see Big River and Les Miserables at Tuacahn. And, as you all know, I can't wait to see Wicked in April.
  • I love to bake. My neighbors and I have a dessert night every Sunday and take turns making desserts for each other.
  • I love to sing with my sisters. Every once in a while we still get asked to sing in church and other places. Too bad I rarely get asked to sing where I live now. I think I've been asked like 5 times in the 8 years I've lived here.
  • I love to take pictures. We got a new camera before we went to Disneyland and I have had so much fun with it:

17 comments:

Natalie Kay said...

Okay, so I just called and left you a message! I can't believe I forgot your birthday! I'm the worst friend ever. I sat next to you at lunch and everything! I'm so sorry.

Hope you have/had a GREAT day!

karen louise said...

Happy happy birthday!!! I hope your day is great! And yes, we are all still 29 at heart, aren't we? :)

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! What a cute baby picture. I loved reading all of the little bits about you. Hope you have a fun day!

Jill Cook said...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Cindi, happy birthday to you!

Megan C. said...

Happy Birthday! I didn't even know - if I had, I would have had my kids sing happy birthday to you today! Hope it's been a great day - you deserve it!

jonna said...

I didn't know you liked musicals!:) Didn't we all hate piano lessons as a kid but as an adult we are so glad we took them
Happy birthday!

JessieC said...

Happy Birthday! I still need to get you the sloppy joe recipe, I havne't forgotten. I hope you had a good day and I loved the little facts about you.

Dana said...

Happy Birthday . . . a day late. Sorry!! I hope you had a great day!

Amanda said...

Hey- at that rate, we'll be the same age next year! That's so nice of you to wait for me to catch up with you.

Kerri said...

Happy Birthday! You sounded great at Stake conference last night. After spending 10 years in Preston I'm very aware of where "stagestop" is. I always mean to ask if you know J'lene Mendenhall? She lives in Richmond but her husbands family was dairy farmers too. (forever probably)

The Hunzikers said...

Happy be-lated birthday!!!!!!! As you can tell I haven't been on blogs in awhile, but I hope your day was the best!!!! I need you come here and teach these kids music in a bad way!!

The Hunzikers said...

I also forgot to mention that I loved learning more about you!! So fun. I think your baby picture looks a lot like Zachary. Precious!

JessieC said...

hey cindi, that recipe you wanted is on food network.com, search sloppy joes and its rachel rays super sloppy joes

The Peterson's said...

Happy Day!!! Hope it was a wonderful day for you!!

The Marshall Family said...

My sister in law tagged me and it was kind of fun to see her answers, so I tagged you. Go to my blog and see!

The Wanner Family said...

Well happy birthday Cindi! It was nice to read all those little fun facts about you. When are you going to Big River. I'm going on Oct. 17th. I can't wait.

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday!! I miss you and hope you had a great birthday!! I hope Zack was nice to you on your birthday!! Tell your family and everyone at Pony "hello" for me!!