On Thursday, we went with Stacey and her kids to lunch and a movie. We ate lunch at Tucahnos! We love that place. If you haven't been there, I highly recommend it. They bring scewers of meat to the table and cut pieces off for you. I love the turkey wrapped in bacon, the garlic marinated beef, and the brown sugar pork. They also have grilled pineapple and vegetables. The buffet is unbeatable. The salad is fresh and full of variety. The mashed potatoes are incredible (lots of melted cheese). I also love the Brazilian Lemonade. YUMMY!

After lunch, we went to see City of Ember. I read the book a few weeks ago and was very excited for the movie. If you haven't read the book, yet, see the movie first. It strays from the book A LOT! It doesn't take time to develop the characters that I love from the book. I didn't care for most of the things that were changed or added. Stacey agreed with me. She was quite disappointed in it as well. I wish they would have stayed truer to Jeanne DuPrau's book. However, Scott, Kyrie, and Garrett liked the movie. So did Zach and Ashley, and they've read the book. So, check it out and let me know what you think!! I do recommend the book, you can find it in youth fiction.


4 comments:
I love the book The City of Ember and have been dying to see the movie. Thanks for the heads up that the movie is different from the book. Maybe I won't be as disappointed when I actually see it.
I love that book, and reading your blog made me very hungry! Sam and I love Tucanos. we use to go there all the time when we lived over there. Now we are too poor:( haha
I've read the book every year to my students. I'm now on the 7th time. I wholeheartedly agree that the movie didn't develop the characters as much as I would have liked them too. I liked the movie, although I felt it was slow moving at the beginning, and missed a lot of good important things. Hopefully they'll make "People of Sparks" next, and the movie will be better :)I miss you!!! Tell Kyrie I say hello!!!!!!
I need to read the book and see the movie. Your post made me very hungry!!
Post a Comment