Happy birthday, Scott! Since Scott had to leave for Minnesota this morning at 5, we had cheesecake for him yesterday. Notice the candle- that's all we could find. But, since I claim Scott hasn't grown up yet, I guess it's appropriate.
We won't tell anyone how old you really are (but here are 38 things about Scott):
1. Scott grew up on a pig farm and showed at stock shows every summer.
2. Scott lives in the 80's. We even got him a shirt that says, "I'm from the 80's."
3. Scott has a "math curse." He has to figure out and celebrate numbers.
4. Because of #3, Scott got out of his car when it hit 100,000 miles and ran around it in celebration.
5. Scott was in FFA in high school and got to travel to conferences, etc.
6. Scott played trombone in the Marching Band! (I still have yet to hear him play)
7. Scott likes to organize things. One day I came home from work to find the pantry organized in alphabetical order.
8. Scott attended USU in BIS.
9. Scott has had many jobs including stocker at Macey's and vacuum salesman.
10. Scott is not allowed to have video games because he called in sick to work after purchasing a new system- I made him return it.
11. Scott HATES black licorice.
12. Scott had to wait for his brother to come home from his mission to be the best man at our wedding. The worst snow storm of the year occured on our wedding day.
13. Scott LOVES to sing in the car. He cranks that 80's music as loud as he can and belts it out.
14. Scott almost drowned at Bear Lake. Thanks, Richie, for saving him. Sorry about the scars.
15. Now that we have a trailer, Scott loves to go camping in it. We really rough-it with the TV, microwave and generator!
16. Scott loves to fix people's computers and he is very good at it.
17. He loves to collect stuff that he thinks we might need later, such as furniture, office equipment.
18. Scott loves to play basketball with Zach.
19. Scott loves to argue with Kyrie.
20. Scott loves to cuddle with Halle.
21. Scott loves to watch tv with Whitney.
22. He loves crime shows on TV. His favorites are CSI and NCIS.
23. Scott loves frozen burritos and Del Taco, but,
24. his favorite place to eat is Tucchanos.
25. Scott recently discovered surplus sales and has purchased, fixed-up, and re-sold several computers this winter.
26. Scott is loved by his bosses and is often called in on 'special projects.' That's why he's in Minnesota right now.
27. Scott worked swing shift when Halle was a baby so that he could be home with her while I was at work. She is still a Daddy's girl.
28. Scott hates having pets (except fish). He hated our hyper dog, Dexter. He also claimed to hate our cat Zuzuz (Kyrie named him:), but I saw him let the cat in several times and sit and pet him ;)
29. Scott loves soda pop. I finally convinced him to switch to diet, now I just need to convince him to go caffeine free.
30. Scott served his mission in New York City- he actually served in the same building where Ronnie's family went to church- small world.
31. Scott ruins laundry, but is very helpful doing dishes every day.
32. Scott did all the work to finish our basement.
33. Scott is very supportive of my job. He comes to all of my performances, takes us to St. George to the music conference and even gets a Qwest donation twice a year for my music program--thank you, thank you.
34. Scott is a really good dad. Sometimes, however, he drives me crazy because he can be overprotective.
35. Scott loves gardening- NOT. He just loves the finished product: a beautiful yard and vegetables.
36. Scott loves Tabasco sauce and puts in everything from eggs to pizza.
37. Scott's family loves and appreciates him very much.
38. Scott was stuck in the Denver airport for his birthday today- sorry about that!
Halloween 2025
10 months ago

2 comments:
That was fun to read! I didn't know much about your husband. Since you have a camper and go camping, you'll have to come camp in Wyoming--I hear there's nothing better!!
I am now understanding why your kids are so wonderful. . . they have absolutely amazing parents. Okay, so I actually already knew this, but reading this post just confirms it. I miss you, Cindy. Grace and I are going to have to plan a trip out to Pony Express before the school is out next week.
Post a Comment