Y Scott left last Monday to go to Minnesota to do audits of the Central Offices for Qwest. By Wednesday he was bored and lonely. Halle was mad at him for 3 days and refused to talk to him on the phone. Yesterday, Halle started telling everyone that her dad was in "Soda" and he was drinking it all! Too funny!!
Y On Friday, I sluffed school. I'd had a headache for a couple of days and just needed a break. By the afternoon, I was feeling a little better so we left to go to Clarkston to visit our moms. I love Cache Valley. It is so beautiful there. It was really cold for the weekend but it was a good visit.
Y On the way to Clarkston, my sister, Amanda, started getting a runny nose and sore throat. She thought it was allergies, I thought it was a cold. I was right. Poor Amanda. She laid around with a fever for 2 days taking any kind of medicine she could get her hands on. It's a good thing I drove!
Y Saturday night Kyrie started not feeling well. She had a sick tummy. She skipped church and I told her she couldn't go to Scott's mom's house because I didn't want her to get Scott's dad sick. But about an hour after we arrived at grandma's, Whitney started throwing up. It made for a very fun ride home. We stopped 2 or 3 times to puke. I don't do puke!!! Scott always takes care of that at our house or else he has to take care of 2 of us! Why did they wait for their dad to be gone to get the stomach flu?
Y On Friday, my sister Candis was watching the countdown for the new trailer to the Twilight movie. She watched the countdown to the very last second and.... nothing! No trailer, nothing. So Friday night she wanted to see if it was up yet. She tried to download it on my mom's computer (modem and land line) and it was way to slow. None of my family has wireless, but Amanda had her school laptop with her. They decided to drive around town and see if they could "borrow" someone's wireless. Candis, Amanda and Kyrie drove around forever. Most people had passwords. One connection came up in the middle of an intersection, but cars kept coming. They finally found an access at one house. Amanda kept telling Candis to 'back up' and 'pull forward' to get it just right. And then-- the family came out of the house. The dad looked angry and was poised to protect his family. The mom was peeking out from around the dad and she was angry, too. So my sisters just took off. I'm certain neighborhood watch is still looking for them. They never did get to see the Twilight trailer.
Halloween 2025
11 months ago

5 comments:
That is hilarious! I can just see the fam now, driving around Clarkston looking for a signal. So dang funny.
BTW if you haven't seen the trailer yet, it is on my cousin's blog, linked on mine as "a daily dose of debbie".
I hope everyone is feeling better now. I think Amanda waited to get sick until she was home with her mom who would take care of her. :)
Cindi! I just found your blog off of Mekesha's website. It's so fun to see your cute family! I miss having you teach music to my class- you really were SO good!!
-Dana (Sudweeks) Nye
Sad, I enjoyed the trailer! But I did not even know it was up until yesterday. Sounds like you need the day off even if it was to prepare you for a sick weekend.
Wow, that's ALOT to blog about, not just something to blog about:) Great job with the Opera by Children today!
Love the story about trying to get an internet connection! Hey, if they don't password-protect their network, they get what they get! I have to ditto Jessie on the "Opera By Children"- I can't believe they wrote it themselves, too. You've done so much work on programs, the musical, opera, etc. this year, how have you found time to breathe?? You're amazing!
Post a Comment